Marci Warhaft is a body image advocate, founder of the Fit vs Fiction workshops and author of “The Body Image Survival Guide for Parents: Helping Toddlers, Tweens and Teens Thrive”, and blogger for the Huffington Post. After battling her own body image issues, Marci created her Fit vs Fiction program to tear down the dangerous myths related to beauty and fitness and empower kids with the self-esteem they need to tune out negative messages and be proud of who they are instead of judging themselves for who they think they’re not. I’ve heard Marci speak at a local event and instantly loved her message and her mission and I’m super excited to bring her to you!
Here’s what we’ve covered:
- Marci shared her own story of how she survived her own body image battle which lasted over 20 years.
- Body image issues with toddlers, how to deal with a child who’s convinced they look fat in their diapers, snowsuit or PJs?
- Strategies we, parents, can use to help our children who struggle with body image issues
- Body image issues with children of ages 4-8
- Inappropriate toys that make the problem even worse
- Body image issues with boys
- Body image issues are not reserved only for heavier kids, “too lean” kids struggle with body image as well. How to help these kids?
- What if the parent is struggling with body image issues himself/herself? How to communicate this to your kids in a kind and loving manner?
- What is the parent has decided to lose some weight and get healthier? How should this be communicated with the kids?
- Body image issues with moms who want to get back to their pre-baby body
- How to handle relatives or friends who make comments about our kids’ bodies?
The Body Image Survival Guide For Parents – Helping Toddlers, Tweens, and Teens Thrive
Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program that Works
Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight
Did you like this?
Join 4000+ moms who enjoy guides every week. Enter your details to signup.